I want to benefit from studying at the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts with all it has to offer and get a Theater degree. Can I?

Yes! NYCDA offers an Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS) degree program in Film and Television Performance. The degree program is listed in the New York State Inventory of Registered Programs.

You can also leverage our articulation agreements with several institutions:

Adelphi University in Garden City, NY, admits our qualified Professional Training Program graduates into their BFA Program as juniors.

University of Northern Colorado in Greeley, CO., also accepts qualified NYCDA graduates into their BA Program as juniors.

Additionally, you can leverage our credit-transfer agreement with the University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL.

Please note that Adelphi University, the University of Northern Colorado and the University of West Florida all require a separate admission application and process. Not all NYCDA graduates will be accepted for admission.

What if I don't want a Theater degree? Will I be able to transfer NYCDA's college credits to another college or university?

Every school has its own transfer credit policy. We therefore recommend to those wishing to pursue further education after NYCDA to contact the school of interest for an understanding of its transfer credit policy. More than 150 other colleges, universities, and theater schools are listed on the National Association of Schools of Theatre website.

NYCDA makes the process easy. Just speak with one of our helpful coordinators at 888.645.0030 ext. 4080 and you will be on the higher education road to success!